Gum Problems Worse Than You Think?
Most of us have problem experienced some sort of sore gum problems from time to time and just thought nothing of it seeing as it wears off after a day or two. The same applies to when we see a small amount of blood in the saliva after brushing your teeth. However, both of these could be early signs of gingivitis or gum disease.
Whilst it is true that both of these symptoms could disappear shortly after they are first seen, they should be taken serious and you should seek professional advice from one of the experienced dentists at Cosmetic Dentist Preston.
How Do I Know If I Have Gum Disease?
Gum disease can occur at any age and to anyone, but it is most common in adults. If it’s detected at an early stage, gum disease can be treated, so we advise that you visit Cosmetic Dentist Preston if see any one the following symptoms:
- Gums that are red, puffy or swollen, or tender
- Gums that bleed during brushing or flossing
- Teeth that look longer because your gums have receded
- Gums that have separated, or pulled away from your teeth, creating a pocket
- Changes in the way that your teeth fit together when you bite
- Puss coming from between your teeth and gums
- Constant bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
By scheduling regular checkups at Cosmetic Dentist Preston, the early stages of gum disease can be treated before it leads to a much more serious condition. So feel free to contact us and one of many experienced dentists will provide you with all of the information that you require.